Autor Tema: Antares  (Leído 19345 veces)

Desconectado LaDogo

• Novato
Antares
« en: 08 de Febrero de 2008, 13:12 »
Does anybody here know a lot about Antares Kennel and their dogs?
Thanks.

Iván Romero

• Visitante
Re: Antares
« Respuesta #1 en: 08 de Febrero de 2008, 15:13 »
Hi, as far as I know in Quebec you have Lirio Blanco Kennel, they have some dogs from Antares blood lines.

Regards..

Desconectado LaDogo

• Novato
« Respuesta #2 en: 08 de Febrero de 2008, 16:53 »
Yes, I met with their dogs in person.

From what I saw, most of the dogs from Antares are BIG, esp. males. big head, big jaw with very floppy lip, boxer/mastiff looking eyes, big body size, tall ...

Base on my own personal experience, they are very friendly with human, but can not get along too well with other dogs, esp. the same sex.

Since here are lots of people from Argentina, someone might have experience with this bloodline. Please tell me what you know and what you think.

Also, does anybody know who is breeding true hunting Dogos in Argentina? I am heading to BA and Cordoba to see more Dogos and bring some back probably, it will be very helpful if I can get more info ahead.

Desconectado delcaciqueblanco

• Ya es como de la Familia
« Respuesta #3 en: 08 de Febrero de 2008, 17:53 »
hi
may by baily cut help because he hunt and now alot in that area of tha huntig sperience.

regards
ARRIBA LA RAZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iván Romero

• Visitante
« Respuesta #4 en: 08 de Febrero de 2008, 18:38 »
In Manitoba is legal to hunt big game with dogs and knife but "only wild boar".
I know someone in Manitoba who use to hunt, he still have some dogos.
I spoke a couple of times with Federico, I have seen his dogos only in pictures, but he told me he likes a little bit bigger than normal.
I have no experience with Antares bloodline.
From what I have seen in Argentina, I like El Mate and La Cocha.
There is also La Vieja Diana, Mandil, Facon Montero, Gran Togo... I'm missing some breeders that I can't remember right now.
All these have very nice working dogs.
Where do you live?
I move to Winnipeg 2-1/2 years ago.

Iván

Desconectado choto

• Ya Caza Perdiz
« Respuesta #5 en: 12 de Febrero de 2008, 15:35 »
hi ladogos.  i think i know u from dogo.org i use to visit that site until some people started acting cool then i stopped going.   i currently have 1 dogo from antares bloodline.  from what i know the owner of antarres is no longer breeding,  once her husband died many years ago i was told that someone in argentina another breeder tricked her into someone signing some sort of contract or im not quite sure what happened and ended up with all her dogs.   if you are coming here be very weary i have been living here for over a year now and i have been ripped off a couple of times already and have learned that the argentine with the ¨vivesa criolla¨will try to swindle you out of anything they can.  im not trying to be mean just realistic,  i am canadian born but to argentine parents so i have quite a good idea of whats going on here,  dont get led by people, if you happen to have some friendships already that is great but still be wise and street smart.
    as for the antares bloodline, yes they tend to be biggermy male weighs about 115lbs 55kilos and is 28 inches so hes abit off the standard.   they are good for open land hunts like the plains of cordoba or la patagonia,  i live in mendoza really close to the mountains and i have tried hunting puma and llama with my dogo with no success,  he gets very tired going uphill and cant really get around the bushes in the mountains which can be quite thick.  jarillas and algarrobe are the biggest problems for him i have had to rescue him several times after getting stuck in bushes.   as for animal aggresiveness yes he is quite aggressive towards other males, females though he doesnt mind.  right now hes sharing a house with 2 pitbull female and 1 fox terrier X jack russell mix.  i had a female dogo which i got from a different breeder but she got stolen from my property afew days ago.  la cocha has working dogs but they charge way too much and some have defects such as incomplete mouths,  discolored eyes, unproportiened heads.  if you want more unbiased inputs you should try to communicate with some of these forum members,  i know at least 2 that have visited la cocha for dogs and were really unimpressed.  they are just famous becuase of the family name but again dont take my word for it you can talk to other people who have seen their dogs and or go see them for yourselve.    I know alot of ¨puesteros¨people who have outposts in the middle of nowhere and they hunt for their food on a weekly basis,  and they never use purebred dogos,  one becuase the dogo eats too much and they cant afford the food, 2 becuase the dogo is much too big and heavy to hunt on horseback over 20mile distances.   they cross the dogos with greyhounds and when greyhounds cant be found they use either pitbulls which is the pampa dog that they call here or they cross it with boxers. i imagine hunting in the states from what i use to read on the daca forum that its mostly done on foot and over smaller distances so dogos do fine.   
   on a different note,  do you know oly?   im sure he can tell you abit more about the dogo situation here.  if theres any info you need or anything u can email me at com i will be in argentina for another 6 to 8 months, hopefully less im getting tired of living here LOL i need to go back to a more structured country, i miss my canada.  god bless our north america!

Desconectado Juandemarmol

• Ya Caza Jabalí
« Respuesta #6 en: 12 de Febrero de 2008, 19:24 »
Hola:

Alguien podria traducirme lo que estan hablando, ya que conozco a este criadero y me despierta interes saber de que se trata.

Dime de que te jactas y te diré de qué adoleces.

Desconectado CazadorCriollo

• Ya Caza Perdiz
« Respuesta #7 en: 12 de Febrero de 2008, 21:24 »
Hola choto, this story makes me sad amigo. Maybe you can better come to Hungary  :-D :-D we still have to make a BIG BBQ PARTY together  :-D
Speak you soon on messenger..chauuuuuuuuuuu

Desconectado LaDogo

• Novato
« Respuesta #8 en: 12 de Febrero de 2008, 23:34 »
Choto,

Thank you for the reply.
Is there anyway I can talk to you in private? There are something I do not want to talk about it on the public forum.

Desconectado White Ghosts Dogos

• Ya Caza Perdiz
  • White Ghost´s Dogo´s Bernardo
    • White Ghost´s Dogo´s
« Respuesta #9 en: 13 de Febrero de 2008, 06:13 »
I would like to see a photo of you dog please. And here we also have some in our dogos in the lines, like Carancho de Antares, Primera de Antares, Segundo de Antares are some of them.
Kennel White Ghosts´s Dogo´s
Only The Best Is Good Enough...
www.whiteghostsdogos.com

Desconectado choto

• Ya Caza Perdiz
« Respuesta #10 en: 15 de Febrero de 2008, 15:52 »

Desconectado choto

• Ya Caza Perdiz
« Respuesta #11 en: 15 de Febrero de 2008, 16:05 »

one of my favorite pics LOL

Baily

• Visitante
« Respuesta #12 en: 15 de Febrero de 2008, 22:23 »
hi ladogos.  i think i know u from dogo.org i use to visit that site until some people started acting cool then i stopped going.   i currently have 1 dogo from antares bloodline.  from what i know the owner of antarres is no longer breeding,  once her husband died many years ago i was told that someone in argentina another breeder tricked her into someone signing some sort of contract or im not quite sure what happened and ended up with all her dogs.   if you are coming here be very weary i have been living here for over a year now and i have been ripped off a couple of times already and have learned that the argentine with the ¨vivesa criolla¨will try to swindle you out of anything they can.  im not trying to be mean just realistic,  i am canadian born but to argentine parents so i have quite a good idea of whats going on here,  dont get led by people, if you happen to have some friendships already that is great but still be wise and street smart.
    as for the antares bloodline, yes they tend to be biggermy male weighs about 115lbs 55kilos and is 28 inches so hes abit off the standard.   they are good for open land hunts like the plains of cordoba or la patagonia,  i live in mendoza really close to the mountains and i have tried hunting puma and llama with my dogo with no success,  he gets very tired going uphill and cant really get around the bushes in the mountains which can be quite thick.  jarillas and algarrobe are the biggest problems for him i have had to rescue him several times after getting stuck in bushes.   as for animal aggresiveness yes he is quite aggressive towards other males, females though he doesnt mind.  right now hes sharing a house with 2 pitbull female and 1 fox terrier X jack russell mix.  i had a female dogo which i got from a different breeder but she got stolen from my property afew days ago.  la cocha has working dogs but they charge way too much and some have defects such as incomplete mouths,  discolored eyes, unproportiened heads.  if you want more unbiased inputs you should try to communicate with some of these forum members,  i know at least 2 that have visited la cocha for dogs and were really unimpressed.  they are just famous becuase of the family name but again dont take my word for it you can talk to other people who have seen their dogs and or go see them for yourselve.    I know alot of ¨puesteros¨people who have outposts in the middle of nowhere and they hunt for their food on a weekly basis,  and they never use purebred dogos,  one becuase the dogo eats too much and they cant afford the food, 2 becuase the dogo is much too big and heavy to hunt on horseback over 20mile distances.   they cross the dogos with greyhounds and when greyhounds cant be found they use either pitbulls which is the pampa dog that they call here or they cross it with boxers. i imagine hunting in the states from what i use to read on the daca forum that its mostly done on foot and over smaller distances so dogos do fine.   
   on a different note,  do you know oly?   im sure he can tell you abit more about the dogo situation here.  if theres any info you need or anything u can email me at com i will be in argentina for another 6 to 8 months, hopefully less im getting tired of living here LOL i need to go back to a more structured country, i miss my canada.  god bless our north america!

Choto do you know any Dogo breeder or any Dogo line that is free of the flaws you mention La Cocha has?
Do you about them, you saw them or you just red it from their website, as the only kennel who states the flaws they have.

You have a dog from Anatres, you should know about they’re problems with CHD and demodex and their dogs looking more like a white Great Dane than a Dogo.

In the whole of Argentina there are really only two serious working kennels, La Cocha and El Mate.
And if you do not agree let any of the other kennels bring their dogs to prove it, like La Cocha and El mate do almost daily.
When you put someone as reference, like you did with Oly, make sure it’s someone with integrity, not someone who lies about the capabilities and accomplishment of his dogs.\
Refer to someone with self respect.

LaDogo my advice to you is, just go look for your self.
If you are looking for a show dog, companion dog you can get that anywhere.
If you lloking with working dog that in a show ring can beat a show dogs and after go into the woods and catch a hog for you.
Than La Cocha and el mate is your best bet.

Desconectado Dogo Rustico

• Ya Caza Perdiz
  • La Vieja Escuela
« Respuesta #13 en: 15 de Febrero de 2008, 23:25 »
Hi , ladogo,  i can tell you about Facon Montero, they have really nice dogos, their dogos are based only on the old standar, they are hunters, they hold the Antonio Nores centenary field title , one dogo that its an amazing hunter its Tenaza Facon Montero. If you want you can see their videos in the webpage or in you tube if you prefer.

If you want a real Dogo , the equation is easy, this dog have to hunt + have to look phisicaly like a Dogo, if that dog hunt but don't look like a tipical Dogo, its not a Argentine Dogo, otherwise if look like a Argentine Dogo but dont hunt you only have a 1/2 Dogo...you know what i mean :wink:

Have luck in your search!

Desconectado LaDogo

• Novato
« Respuesta #14 en: 16 de Febrero de 2008, 02:03 »

In the whole of Argentina there are really only two serious working kennels, La Cocha and El Mate.

I have contacted La Cocha many times, will give them a visit this year.
Can you please tell me how to contact EI Mate? Do they have a website?

Thank you.

Dogo Argentino - Foro Dogo Argentino

« Respuesta #14 en: 16 de Febrero de 2008, 02:03 »

Legal: Si bien este foro requiere una registración, el mismo es de libre acceso y es por eso que los webmasters, administradores y moderadores no nos responsabilizamos por la veracidad de la información aquí publicada. Los comentarios publicados por los usuarios de este foro son responsabilidad de los mismos y no reflejan necesariamente la opinión de los webmasters, administradores y moderadores. El Foro Internacional del Dogo Argentino. Para ponerse en contacto con la administración del foro escribanos a webmaster(arroba)dogoargento.com.ar

Instalación Cámaras Seguridad Dogo Argentino